Friday, March 9

Inaugural Blog

Hey all, in case you didn't know (and you probably don't), my name is Dean Kelly, and I'm here to hopefully become a sports print journo one distant day. I am a complete sports nut. But enough about that, I've still got La Jetee in my head. That "movie" was........different. I did French for four years at high school back in Sydney but even that didn't really prepare me for time travel and the rest :) I'm not really much of a blogger, I've got a myspace account though even that's really to use it to see other people's accounts. I struggle to maintain an interest in telling strangers about what's been happening to me in the last few days, but that comes from being very shy. I've read the first four chapters of the textbook, and I guess that the email telling me that it was one of the "easier" books to read was true. Plenty of new words to learn, among other things, but at least they do it in a thorough way. Looks like chapter seven is next on the list, I'm guessing that's got something to do with Alphaville. When I get home (if I remember) I must look that up on imdb (again, if I remember). Steve Stockwell is a character isn't he? In the rare chance that you're reading this Mr Stockwell, I mean that in a nice sense, it's good to see some enthusiasm from the lecturer, because if he/she isn't excited/passionate about what he's/she's teaching, what hope does a first year student have of being interested? It's strange hearing 20-odd people in this room typing all at the same time too btw haha. I'm looking forward to having some more material to blog on about in the upcoming weeks, so until then, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

New Com Tech said...

good work dean. chris