Thursday, May 31

Week 10- Microsoft Word

Though I've used Microsoft Word constantly for years, if I'm honest I've never really explored the more advanced uses of it, such as mail merging and track changes. It took me a while to get my head around both of these concepts, which is strange since it's not as if I've never seen these features before. My first go on each feature wasn't really a success, in fact if anything I was getting more and more confused by it all. But I kept trying and eventually got into the knack of it. I now see the practicality of these two features and will at some point try to go from carefully going word-to-word from the instruction on Learning @ GU to just going at it full tilt.

I found it interesting also that in the tutorial task outline it said that this task may be weird if you're used to something like OpenOffice. I had never heard of such a thing before, but after reading about it and hearing about it during a lecture, I went home, downloaded it (eventually) and now am starting to use it far more often than the now dreaded Microsoft Office, so the message got through to at least one person haha.

No comments: